Leader Standard Work & Policy Deployment / Hoshin Planning

with Rich Budzinski
Saturday Mar 2, 2019

Leader Standard Work (LSW) is considered a foundational element of an effective Lean Program.  Designed to maintain and continually improve the Lean Culture in an organization by way of leadership involvement, it is a data-driven approach to Problem Solving and Improvement.  Leader Standard Work takes place in “Gemba” (Japanese for the location where value creation takes place) and is designed to occupy about 10-15% of a leader’s time.  This class will also explore the other 85%, which includes Breakthrough Improvements and Strategy Deployment (yes, there is Standard Work for that too…different Gemba!).  The relationship between LSW and how it fulfills certain aspects of ISO 9001:2015 / 14001:2015 will be noted as we progress through the session.

We will also contrast LSW to Standard Work for others: Manager, Supervisor, Team Leader, Individual Contributor.

This class is heavy in hands-on involvement by way of team-based case studies and construction of Standard Work.