Basic Excel for Data Collection and Analysis
with Arnot Heron
Saturday Feb 23, 2019
- To introduce the use of Excel spreadsheets and various basic data functions.
- To introduce various Excel functions to organize and query data.
- To introduce various data filtering capabilities (including how to set filters in data to selectively access data).
- To introduce various graphing and charting techniques (including various line, bar and pie charts).
- To enable participants to build their own excel spreadsheets utilizing (1) functions to organize and query data, (2) data filtering capabilities and (3) graphing and charting techniques of Excel.
Topics covered include:
- Reading data into Excel using various formats
- Basic functions in Excel, arithmetic as well as various logical functions
- Formatting rows and columns
- Using formulas in Excel
- Data filtering in Excel
- Introduction to the charting capability of Excel
- Line, Bar and Pie charts