Specialized – Innovative – Global.
H.O. Bostrom Company, Inc. – a recent recipient of the Governor’s Export Award – is an established leader in the manufacture of work-specific vehicle seating products, in business for more than 70 years. At H.O. Bostrom Company, you will be part of a team that is dedicated to providing the best experience for the vehicle operator.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become a high-visibility player within a very employee-oriented, dynamic, and growing organization. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact!
The Quality Technician is responsible for the implementing and monitoring our quality management system.
- Perform audits (product & process), assuring that production parts meet engineering specifications
- Analyze and leads/works on teams to solve quality problems,
- Analyze quality costs and other quality data,
- Prepare inspection plans and instructions,
- Prepares work instructions,
- Train production employees re: quality concepts and processes, product quality expectations and inspection
- Calibrate gauges.
- Write up:
- Corrective Action reports
- RMA’s (Return Materials Authorization)
- Reject Reports.
- Fill out quality surveys (for our customers).
- Maintain customer files and vendor files, concerning quality issues.
- Meet with customers to discuss quality issues and quality improvements.
- Meet with vendors to discuss our quality concerns.
- Work with department coordinators to continuously improve quality.
Experience, Skills and Educational Requirements
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree, a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a detailed, quality-driven environment, or in a manufacturing environment with working knowledge of metals forming processes.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills for delivering information and messages in a variety of situations across all levels of the organization. Must be adept at conflict resolution and be able to describe critical process interdependencies, risks and impacts.
- Must have an eye for detail and a bias toward quality in all aspects of work and product.
- Must be able to define quality concepts and quality processes, including Six Sigma basics, cost of quality, etc.;
- Must be able to apply quality tools;
- Must be able to interpret information and data;
- Must be able to apply team concepts both as a member and leader.
- Must be able to define statistical techniques, including basic elements of design of experiments (DOE) and reliability;
- Must be able to determine what data to collect for a specific technique, how to apply it to various statistical methods, and how to analyze results.
- Must know which measurement and test equipment (M&TE) tools are appropriate for various tasks and how to assess tool accuracy and precision;
- Must understand the concept of standards traceability for M&TE.
- Must understand and be able to apply basic inspection and testing techniques, including various types of sampling plans; must be able to read and interpret blueprints (drawings), including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must understand and be able to apply various quality audit types and their components, tools, and techniques.
- Must understand and be able to apply the elements of corrective and preventive actions, including root cause analysis, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and the control of nonconforming material.
- Ability to fluently communicate, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Demonstrated use of intermediate computer operations for relational databases and intermediate software packages (word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and look at computer screen for prolonged periods of time.
- Lift 40 pounds from floor to waist occasionally.
- Carry 30 pounds, 3 feet, occasionally.
- Push 50 pounds on a wheeled cart for 40 feet occasionally.
- Pull 60 pounds on a wheeled cart for 50 feet occasionally.
- Communicate in noisy environment.
- Perform tasks that require good hand/finger dexterity.
- Reach above shoulders, crouch, and bend at the waist.
H.O. Bostrom Company’s continued success is driven by a knowledgeable, dedicated group of employees who are committed to innovative approaches, technical excellence and first class customer service. We provide a competitive salary and benefits program including:
- Quality, cost effective health care
- Wellness incentive programs
- Disability and life insurance to protect your financial security
- Flexible spending programs
- 401k savings plan with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Corporate bonus programsH.O. Bostrom Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.